Paypal

Advertising

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Winter is Coming review

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26781718-winter-is-coming

https://www.amazon.com/Winter-Coming-Medieval-Thrones-20151021-ebook/dp/B01BPKBK9S?ie=UTF8&qid=1463343830&ref_=la_B00JGC6ZAM_1_1&s=books&sr=1-1


MY REVIEW
I am a big fan of the Song of Ice and Fire series of books by George R R Martin and the TV show Game of Thrones. I thought this book would be an interesting read, a look at the books and show from a medieval historian and mythological point of view. Also, I thought it would be a reminder of things I had forgotten from the books or clues I missed from the show. With the books being published 2 to 6 years apart, it is easy to forget some elements of the story. This book doesn't dissapoint. It is well-crafted, smartly written and thorough. I was really enjoying it a lot and felt that it perfectly did what it set out to do. I enjoyed the history lessons and the insights into George RR Martin's books and the HBO show. I hadn't realized so much of Martin's saga was influenced by history and mythology. It was a lot of fun to learn where elements of his story came from. Well done. 5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment