Paypal

Advertising

Friday, May 6, 2016

Princess of Tyrone by Katie Hamstead review

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26838733-princess-of-tyrone?from_new_nav=true&ac=1&from_search=true



https://www.amazon.com/Princess-Tyrone-Fairytale-Galaxy-Chronicles-ebook/dp/B01DNEZJ4G?ie=UTF8&keywords=princess%20of%20tyrone&qid=1462368185&ref_=sr_1_1&s=digital-text&sr=1-1




MY REVIEW

I do like fairytale retellings and this is a space opera retelling of Sleeping Beauty. So far so good. This book starts out the exact story of Sleeping Beauty. The three fairies, the curse, the spinning wheel. Except that it will happen on her twenty-first birthday not her sixteenth. The fairies even start to make her a pink dress for her birthday. "Make it blue!" "Make it pink!" This book reminded me a lot of Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles. I thought there was an interesting blend of magic and technology. I thought the story was cute and I liked the characters, but I thought there would be more variation on the Sleeping Beauty story. 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment